The Geography of China
The Geography of China
Michele Lasker and Joan Sizemore
November 10, 2002 – Handout
Worksheet of Instructions for
Labeling the Provinces and Geographic Features – Two Maps
Map 1 – Geographic Features
1. Label the following bodies of water using blue.
Pacific Ocean, Yangtze River, Pearl River, East China Sea, South China Sea, Sea of
Okhotsk, and Yellow Sea
2. Label the following cities using a star within a circle.
Shanghai, Beijing, Xi’An, Canton, Harbin, Urumqi, and Guangzhou
3. Label the following mountain ranges with an upside down v.
Himalayas, Quinling, and Altai
4. Label the Islands in yellow.
Hainan, and Hong Kong
5. Label the countries in green.
Mongolia, Russia, Japan, Vietnam Laos
6. Label the desert in brown.
The Gobi Desert
Map 2 – The Provinces
7. On the Label the provinces that have the nine minorities that we will
be studying using green, purple, orange, red, and yellow. Shade
lightly with your map pencils. All of the labels need to be placed
horizontally and should be printed.
Anhui, Gansu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Hainan, Heilongjiang, Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Guizhou,
Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Liaoning, Sha’anxi, Shanxi, Zhejiang, Hunan, Qinghai, Shandong,
Sichuan, Taiwan, and Yunnan.
8. Locate your minority group using the Map of the Distribution of
Nationalities in the Peoples’ Republic of China, 1998
The minorities are: The Dong, the Miao, the Uighur, the Zhuang, the Man, the Dai, the
Bai, the Oroqen, and the Li.
- Related pdf books
- Modern Middle East Studies Spring 2012 Modern Middle East ...
- 2002-2003 REQUEST FOR REVIEW OF FINANCIAL AID AWARD -
- Academics Stand Against Poverty: One-Year Anniversary ...
- YUWO BOARD OF DIRECTORS founded in1965 Yale University ...
- NEW WAVE EUROPE: Cinema circa 1962 - Yale University
- The Pulse - Yale University
- Revolutionary Restraint Marxism-Leninism and Violence Against ...
- Outline of Principle Component Analysis
- American Sympathy - Yale University
- Seminar Series 2006 - Yale University
- Year End Report Narrative: Academic Year 2006
- N E W S L E T T E R
- Mispredicting Affective and Behavioral Responses to Racism
- Rallying the rebels - Yale University
- Yale varsity to honour Nilekani with Leadership Award ...
- CINEMA’AND’MIGRATION George!Syrimis! MGRK213a,FILM421a ...
- Political Science 118b
- Popular epubs
- Geography,Economic Policy,and Regional Development in China
- Geography Shapes Life in Ancient China
- Geography Geography Geography
- GEOGRAPHY OF THE UNITED STATES Geography 321 [#15245] — Spring ...
- Medical geography or geography of health? A reflection Flávia de ...
- Geography / 159 Geography
- UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA Department of Geography GEOGRAPHY 3280 ...
- Department of Geography UNDERGRADUATE COURSES IN Geography
- CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA
- 2000 Census Geography 2000 Census Geography
- China documentary features local businesses - 2004-03-01 - Pacific Business News (Honolulu) Page 1 of 3
- A Multilingual Geographic Feature Classification Index for China and Japan